Uganda’s William Blick Elected International Olympic Committee Member
William Blick also Heads Anoca Zone V
Uganda’s William Blick is an elected member of the new International Olympic Committee announced on Tuesday.
Blick is the Ugandan Olympic Committee chairman.
The new IOC comprises nine members.
William Blick is also the current president of Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (Anoca) Zone V.
Anoca Zone V comprises Burundi, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eriteria, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
Other members of the IOC include:
- Samira Asghari (24-year-old Afghan woman)
- Prince Jygyel Ugyen Wangchuck, president of the Bhutanese Olympic committee
- Morinari Watanabe (from Japan), head of the International Gymnastics federation
- Andrew Parsons (Brazil), president of the International Paralympic Committee.
- Giovanni Malago, President of the Italian Olympic Committee,
- Camilo Perez Lopez Moreira, President of the Paraguayan Olympic committees