Raila Odinga Swearing-in Programme Unveiled
Kenya’s opposition National Super Alliance (Nasa) has announced its programme for the swearing-in ceremony of Raila Odinga as “the people’s president’.
Last month, Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto took oath after winning a repeat poll boycotted by Odinga.
On Thursday, government said it would charge Odinga with treason if he swore himself in.
But Odinga and Nasa have remained defiant.
Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) Executive Director Oduor Ong’wen unveiled Odinga inauguration programme at the Okoa Kenya Secretariat.
ODINGA SWEARING-IN PROGRAMME ACCORDING TO ONGWEN
- We will open with a national anthem followed by prayers led by various religious leaders.
- Then there will be a formal declaration of the congregation gathered
- The fourth item will be adoption of the agenda
- The fifth item will be the inauguration of the leadership
- The sixth will be the address by leaders of the assembly
“Since this committee was established last week we have put in place a secretariat to manage the work of the preparation of the assembly,” said Ong’wen.
“The secretariat will be based at Okoa Kenya and the head of that secretariat will be Dr Noah Akala.”