Nigeria’s Mai Atafo Coming for 2017 ASFAs
Nigerian designer Mai Atafo will showcase at the 2017 Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards (ASFAs).
ASFAs founder Brian Ahumuza has praised Mai Atafo.
“It is indeed a great milestone in Uganda’s fashion industry to have one of the most recognised and award winning African fashion designers,” said Ahumuza.
“Mai Atafo showcase his versatile, classic and perfectly put together designs.”
The ASFAs celebrate African fashion gurus in various categories including fashion designers, stylists, hair and makeup artists, media personalities and influencers in Africa.
This year’s awards are the fourth of their kind.
2017 ASFAs are themed: “African Fashion is the Future #FashionTakeover”.
The awards ceremony will happen on December 9 at the Kampala Serena Hotel.
ABOUT MAI ATAFO
- One of Africa’s top designers
- Specialises in perfectly fitting wedding gowns, sophisticated and elegant bespoke suits and others
- Background in marketing and branding
- Worked with British American Tobacco and Guinness Nigeria
- quit his job as Brand Manager at Guinness to venture into fashion