Mnangagwa Appoints Military Officers to Top Cabinet Positions
Zimbabwe president Emmerson Mnangagwa has appointed military officers to his cabinet.
The military planned Mugabe’s downfall in a bloodless coup days after Mugabe sacked Mnangagwa as his deputy.
Mnangagwa had promised to end Mugabe’s rule in a few weeks after Mugabe sacked him to pave way for wife Grace to succeed him.
MILITARY OFFICERS IN MNANGAGWA’S CABINET
- Moyo is the new foreign affairs minister Sibusiso Moyo
- He is at the rank of major general
- He is the officer who announced the military’s takeover last month.
- long-serving air force commander
- Appointed Lands and Agriculture minister
MNANGAGWA KEEPS SOME MUGABE MEN
Mnangagwa has kept some of Mugabe’s former ministers. They include:
- returns as finance minister
- Had been sacked by Mugabe in October