List: Top Politicians, Tycoons Whose Huge Loans Sank Crane Bank Exposed
Tycoons, Politicians who Choked on Debts Before Crane Bank Closure
The list comprises outstanding debts as of October 2016.
- Spencon: Shs 22bn
- Imperial Botanical Beach: Shs 15bn
- Patrick Bitature (Simba Telecom): Shs 12bn.
- Amina Moghe Hersi: Shs 11bn
- Goodra Behakanira Tumusiime Bwebajja (Bwebajja Hotel Complex: Shs 6.9bn.
- Steel and Tube Industries: Shs 6bn.
- Robert Mwesigwa Rukaari (Amproc): Shs 2.2bn.
- Internal Security Organisation (ISO): Shs 1.7bn.
- Mukesh Shukla (Shumuk Group of Companies): Shs 2bn.
- Robert Kabonero (Pyramids Casino): Shs 2bn.
- James Tumusiime (Fountain Publishers): Shs 1.4bn.
- Foreign Affairs Minister Sam Kutesa: Shs 1bn.
- BlueWave Beverages: Shs 833m.
- Former ISO Director General Ronnie Balya Rwakihumuro: Shs 562m.
- Esther Ampumuza (Serene Suites Mutundwe): Shs 600m.
- Former ICT Minister John Nasasira: Shs 400m.
- Kuku Foods: Shs 500m
- Andrew Mwenda (The Independent): Shs 250m.
- Vision Group Chief Executive Officer Robert Kabushenga: Shs 176m.
- Former ICT Minister Ham Mulira: Shs 175m
- Chris Katuramu, brother to former Tooro Kingdom Prime Minister Sanyu Katuramu: Shs 197m.
- Former First Deputy Prime Minister: Henry Muganwa Kajura: Shs 200m.