Exposed: Video, Audio Recordings Show Kabafunzaki Negotiating Bribe to ‘Kill’ Hamid Sexual Harassment Case
Trouble for Kabafunzaki as Aya Boss Hamid Brings Video, Audio Evidence
THE KABAFUNZAKI HAMID BRIBERY CASE GENESIS
Kabafunzaki won space on the wall of disgrace in 2017 after security officers from the Special Forces Command (SFC) arrested him at Serena Hotel, reportedly receiving a bribe from Hamid.
The bribe was reportedly worth Shs 5m.
The Anti-Corruption Court charged Kabafunzaki with receiving a bribe.
His co-accused are his aide Brain Mugabo and one Bruce Lubowa.
MOHAMMED HAMID VIDEO EVIDENCE PINNING KABAFUNZAKI
Senior State Attorney Barbra Tibulya witnessed the video and audio evidence review.
The following is what Hamid’s video shows:
- Hamid meets Kabafunzaki aide Mugabo
- Mugabo introduces himself as Kabafunzaki;s political assistant
- Mugabo and Hamid exchange greetings
- Mugabo and Hamid discuss Shs 5m bribe
- Mugabo leads Hamid to the place where he would meet Kabafunzaki
- Kabafunzaki arrives, later
- Kabafunzaki and Hamid sit apart
- Kabafunzaki and Hamid communicate through chits
- Mugabo conveys messages between Hamid and Kabafunzaki (Kabafunzaki had ordered switching off of phones)
MOHAMMED HAMID AUDIO EVIDENCE PINNING KABAFUNZAKI
Hamid recorded the audio a day before the arrest of Kabafunzaki.
The following happen:
- Kabafunzaki and Hamid exchange greetings
- Kabafunzaki says sexual harrassment allegations against Hamid could harm image of Pearl of Africa Hotel that was yet to be opened
- Kabafunzaki promises to clear Hamid of the allegations
- Kabafunzaki promises to call a girl Hamid had reportedly sexually assaulted on Monday (that would have been after the weekend of his arrest) to intimidate her
- Kabafunzaki suggests a press briefing on Tuesday
- Kabafunzaki says he had a Kenyan friend at NTV Uganda who handles such corruption deals.
- Kabafunzaki suggested they tell the press that Red Pepper had started the unfounded allegations that Hamid had sexually harrassed the girl.
- Kabafunzaki emphasizes: “Red Pepper is very important”.
Court resumes on March 21.